Saturday, October 1, 2011

First Nicholas Cage, Now John Travolta...

A short time ago, I'd posted to an article about an antique dealer that had a photo, he claimed, if Nicholas Case dating from the 19th Century. Now he is claiming he has found a similar photo of John Travolta.

What gives? I've looked at the photos and they appear to me to bear more than a passing resemblance to the actors. One, I could fathom--after all, there must be a limited number of combinations of facial features, with the result that there are dopplegangers, so to speak, out there. But two similar photos having been "discovered" in such a short time bespeaks fakery more than coincidence; possibly a "viral" marketing campaign for a new movie.

If they are real, I would advise both actors to read "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward" by H.P. Lovecraft, and be warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment