Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Initial Results from Planning a Covert Bug Out Plan

When I discussed earlier plans for a covert bug out plan (CBOP) to get out of a zombie quarantine, one of the first steps was to use Google Earth or Google Map to get a preliminary idea of my route, followed up by a physical reconnaissance.

Obviously, in a zombie outbreak resulting in a quarantine, there will be a cordon around the city that is being quarantined. There may also be patrols through the town, roadblocks, and surveillance helicopters. Thus, a CBOP route must get around these obstacles. With this in mind, part of my preliminary route was going to take advantage of some smaller irrigation canals. My thought was that these would provide good concealment, but still relatively easy to get out of if necessary.

Much to my surprise, when doing a physical recon, I discovered that there is still considerable water in the canals--at least two feet. I anticipated this during the summer months, and figured it probably would not be a big deal. But cold water in the winter can be deadly. Time to explore some other options. While I'm disappointed, I'm glad I learned of these issues now rather than later....

No comments:

Post a Comment