Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Learn How to Change the Tires on Your Vehicle

Well, I did my good deed for the day this morning. My new neighbor, Lil, had a flat tire on her car and was out trying to figure out how to change it when I was leaving to work this morning. She'd been able to find the jack, but that was about as far as it went. She didn't know how to use the jack, or how to release the spare tire from underneath her vehicle. After going through the directions in the owner's manual, we finally found where to crank down the spare tire from underneath the back of the vehicle. After that, it went pretty quick.

It seems to me that there are certain things you need to know how to do on your car, and being able to change the tire is one of them. And by "change the tire," I don't just mean how to jack the car up and undo the lug nuts. Do you know where your jack is? Do you know how to get the spare tire out? This is knowledge that can save you a lot of grief in day-to-day living, or in the event of a zombie apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment